Thursday, January 17, 2013

Breathe New Life Into Old Luggage


If you're like me, you have a nice set of luggage with plenty of life left in it... it just doesn't look new and shiny anymore!  

For work, I take a lot of short flights.  I try to always take a carry-on, so I don't have to check luggage.  This works fine, until you get on a Big Bopper/Buddy Holly puddle jumper prop plane.  They take your bag at the gate and check it anyway, since there's no room onboard for even the smallest carry-ons.

Since having my pretty lime green luggage hijacked in this way over the past five years, it's gotten a little, well... let's be honest:  It looks GROSS.


I didn't know what to do about my dirty luggage, so I consulted The Peas.  The Peas are an online community of (mostly) women who know everything about everything.  I got lots of suggestions, but the one that seemed the most promising was "try an upholstery cleaner".

We hit Walmart last weekend and picked up a can of Woolite Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner.  I was dubious as to whether this was actually going to work, but figured it couldn't look any worse!  So why not!

I seriously spent all of 5 minutes and this is what I got in return:

It's a MIRACLE!!!  It looks brand new.  BRAND. NEW.  I was absolutely stunned.  This was probably the easiest thing I've ever hand cleaned, and the results are amazing!!  I believe the can cost $3.78.  Worth every penny!

 -xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment