Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Year's Nail Polish


For New Year's, I wanted to do something fun and sparkly with my nail polish!  Last year for Christmas, Erik got me OPI Muppet nail polishes.  I love, love, LOVE them all!!  But there was one that seemed perfect for New Year's Eve - Rainbow Connection.























I've played with Rainbow Connection before and it's very translucent.  This time, I decided to use a colored coat underneath Rainbow Connection.  I picked a nice, festive teal:  Glee by Jesse's Girl.  It has a nice amount of sparkle on it's own, so it seemed like a good match for Rainbow Connection.





















I ended up doing two coats of Rainbow Connection, just to get all the big, glittery chunks all over each nail.

On top of that, I used Sally Hansen Dry Kwik.  This stuff is a miracle!  I am forever smudging my polish because it takes so long to dry.  I really, truly think Dry Kwik is going to let me do my nails a lot more often in the new year!  Awesome product!  Totally recommended.

-xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment