Wednesday, November 14, 2012

DIY Wedding Aisle Runner


When Erik and I were planning our wedding, we agreed that the most important thing was for our friends and family to have a great time.  We wanted to host a great party for them as a thank you for being part of our lives.

Customizing everything to represent our day was also important.  I loved the idea of Monogrammed Aisle Runners, but choked at the thought of paying hundreds of dollars for someone else to make it for us.

In my DIY searches, I found Heather's Blog.  She has fantastic, step-by-step instructions on how to create your very own custom aisle runner.

There are just a few things I would add to her instructions.

  • For me, the easiest way to make the template was in Word.  Under Advanced Printer Properties, you can choose to make your template print in "multi-page/poster print".

  • Be very, very careful not to drip or smear your work.  There's no "delete button" when you're painting on an aisle runner.  I can't stress this enough.  I probably started over three times because I kept smearing the paint.

  • If you can, paint your runner using Paint Pens.  I recommend it.  My colors (pink and orange) weren't conducive to paint pens.  (I couldn't find the right shades of pink and orange in paint pens.)  I used paint brushes and it was very challenging to paint within the lines.


It was very careful and slow-going, but in the end I was so pleased with the way it turned out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment